Just outside Brussels, in a town called Zaventem, OM has an internationally used conference facility called ZavCentre. ZavCentre provides up to a full board stay for missionaries traveling through, OM groups' meetings, local Christians and others. Our center has around 70 beds and 5 small and large meeting rooms. Besides the conference center, OM wants to help the local church in reaching their purpose for Christ.
We are looking for a caterer for the center. This job includes:
- Planning, preparing and serving meals for groups from 2 to 80.
- Planning menus, shopping and cooking
- Showing special care for guests with particular dietary needs.
- Cooking for staff meals and individual guests and larger groups of Christian workers attending conferences, meetings or training sessions.
- Using your practical gifts to bless OM.
- A servant-heart and willingness to work practically to serve mission workers.
- Knowledge of English.
- Driver's license is a plus.
- Flexible, friendly, open character.
- 3 months option available.
* Previous catering experience is important Preferably a European due to visa requirements.
As soon as possible
As long as possible
Prayer Hub is a newer ministry that exists to help develop and nurture a culture of prayer in OM. The founders, Boyd and Ribka Williams, have made prayer their ministry.
Ride2Transform allows teams on two wheels to pedal far and wide, praying and sharing the love of Christ in least reached areas in Europe and Africa.
Twenty years ago, Martin Turner (UK) worked with OM Belgium for eight years, from 1988-96, with local churches and immigrants. After secular work in the UK, he and his wife, Meryem (NL), returned to Belgium a year ago. Martin is the new Field Leader for OM Belgium. Meryem is involved with immigrants. She is also planning to teach the LAMP2* method of language learning to the team members. AnneMarit Viljoen met them to ask them about their return to Belgium.
OM field leader Martin believes Belgium has a strategic part to play, with OM, in helping grow a church planting movement in Europe.
A suitcase sermon illustration helped Fredi understand what God had in store for him through full-time ministry with OM.
“There is so much work to be done right here. Driving down the streets I see youths hanging out, and I find myself wondering “Who will reach them for Christ? Who will disciple them?””