A maintenance team worker will help in the upkeep and maintenance of the OM Ireland property including all buildings and grounds. The five acre property consists of the main house with six guest rooms, three chalets, and a two-story office block. This person should be task oriented with a servant’s heart and passion about practical work for the Lord. All OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
- Maintenance experience is required
- Any practical experience such as gardening, carpentry, electrics, plumbing is beneficial
- Pleasant and effective people skills
- Knowledge on Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook or the willingness to learn
- Maintaining all areas of Lacken House… all practical areas such as plumbing, lighting, etc.
- Maintaining all equipment including lawn mowers, stoves, refrigerators, etc
- Maintaining Shed and all tools, including ordering new ones
- Coordinating rubbish disposal for House, Guests, and Offices
- Connect with local volunteers for practical work around Lacken House
- Plan and manage the practical work of volunteers and other staff
As soon as possible
“Road ends are there for a reason,” says Hannah. “Otherwise, we would forever be on the same track and never experience so many of the wonderful adventures and lessons in life. Without road ends, you’d probably never take the time to glance back and see where you came from.”
In 2019, OM Ireland hosted its largest St. Patrick's outreach.
In 2008, OM Ireland purchased Lacken House to be their headquarters. Ten years and hundreds of people later, the team continues to minister from the heart of Ireland.
The Bailie family serves with their local church as part of OM Ireland's Philippian Project
“I did a lot of thinking and praying. I thought about my fears, my hopes and dreams for the future. I thought about my fears about my hopes and dreams for the future. I let whatever emotion come that would come,” says Hannah. “I let the tears come if they wanted. Only the sheep, fields and river were there to see them. I let any – and every – thought come up, pouring it out before God…and then I left it there for Him to take control.”
After years of the team dreaming, the Big Red Bus finally joins the National Ploughing Championships during a windstorm.