Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We’re investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Working with the Maintenance team on board you will be responsible for:
• Domestic water systems throughout the vessel: fresh water lines, black and grey waste water systems, drainage systems, certain hydraulic and refrigeration systems.
• Working under the leadership of the vessel’s Accommodation Maintenance Engineering Officer, responsibilities include the maintenance of wash rooms; vacuum toilet systems; water supply, use and drainage in the galley etc.
• You have qualifications and several years of experience as a plumber.
• You are able to work independently and have experience in working with threaded fittings, small diameter copper and steel pipes, plastic piping, brazing and soldering, crimped fittings, etc.
• You have problem-solving skills and you are manually skilled.
• You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
• Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
On the job training will be provided as needed.
As soon as possible
As long as possible
Schiffe:: Erstmalig gibt es eine Erste Ingenieurin auf einem OM-Schiff. Sie erzählt, wie es dazu kam, dass sie Gott mit ihren Begabungen dient.
Ships :: OM Ships' pioneering female First Engineer shares her journey of serving God with her skills.
“It was five years ago that I ran through the flag tunnel in South Korea and entered the Logos Hope ship for the first time,” remembers Camila. “My heart was beating fast and my mouth was dry. I carried a suitcase full of clothes and pictures of the people I would miss. I also carried with me many dreams and things I wanted to achieve in those first two years—professional dreams, sentimental dreams, material dreams—all of which came from the desires of my heart.”
Schiffe :: Eine Schiffsmitarbeiterin aus Osteuropa erzählt von ihrer Zeit auf der Logos Hope
Ships :: A volunteer from Eastern Europe shares the story of her time serving on Logos Hope.
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.