Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. Have the opportunity to invest in young people and use your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will also receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Working with the Engine Team on board you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the proper maintenance of Main Engines and auxiliaries in order that the equipment keeps working and is up to the required standard
• Support the First Engineer Operations and Marine Operations team on board in order to help ensure a balanced workload
• You are able to communicate in English
• Valid Certificate of Competency (STCW Reg III/2)
• Valid Seafarer’s Medical Certificate in compliance with ILO/IMO Guidelines
• Crisis Management & Human Behaviour (STCW Reg V/2)
• Basic Safety Training (STCW Reg VI/1)
• Proficiency in Survival Crafts & Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW Reg VI/2)
• Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW Reg VI/3)
• Medical First Aid (STCW Reg VI/4)
• Security Training for seafarers with designated security duties (STCW Reg VI/6)
• You will have the technical knowledge and ability to fulfil the requirements of the job description as found in the company’s SMS, accountable to the Chief Engineer.
• Ability to effectively set and manage priorities.
• You can lead by example, encouraging and training the engineering officers and ratings who report to you.
All certificates should have been revalidated within the last 5 years
(PLEASE NOTE: If you have not served with OM Ships before, you may be required to sign on at a lower rank or supernumerary for a period of time, before taking up the position of First Engineer).
On the job training will be provided as needed.
As soon as possible
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.
Auf See :: Die Rettungsboote der Logos Hope bekommen neue Motoren, damit sie für Notfälle gerüstet sind
At Sea :: Logos Hope's rescue boats receive new engines, ensuring they remain equipped to respond to an emergency.
Ushuaia, Argentinen :: Am 4. Januar 1988 lief das erste Schiff von OM, die MS Logos, vor der Küste von Feuerland in Südamerika auf einen Felsen. Dieser Artikel feiert den 30. Jahrestag des Schiffbruchs, an dem frühere und heutige Schiffsmitarbeiter und unsere Partner auf der ganzen Welt sich an Gottes Treue zur Schiffsarbeit erinnern.
Ushuaia, Argentina :: On 4 January 1988 OM’s first ship, MV Logos, struck rocks off Tierra del Fuego in South America. This article marks the 30th anniversary of the shipwreck; as crewmembers past and present, along with partners around the world, reflect on God’s faithfulness to the Ship Ministry.
Nassau, Bahamas :: The Esposito family from Argentina enjoys serving God together on board Logos Hope, bringing professional skills and supporting each other.