For an Electrical Officer we are looking for an skilled Electrical Technician (preferably in the area of Power Production) that has experience in leading and managing a Team. With a minimum of 3 years work experience. Experience in the marine industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
Good interpersonal skills and being a computer literate are vital requirements. You will need to work with MS Office, AutoCAD & and a computer based Maintenance program called AMOS.
• Working in areas will involve work on the following machinery and systems:
o generators, switchboard up to 1000V, motors, control systems, public address system, fire alarm system, bridge & navigation equipment
o computerised systems i.e. AutoCAD, planned maintenance system (AMOS) and PLC (Siemens S7)
• Scheduling, planning, fulfilment & reporting of the on-going maintenance and repair for our vessel
• Carrying out domestic installations, motor installations and installation of automation sensors as part of a continuous programme of upgrading
• Documentation of Upgrades, Fault occurrences & Repairs into our computer based Maintenance software as well as updating of system drawings in Auto CAD and updating of Technical Manuals.
• Qualifications and experience with Electronic and control systems, motor control systems, cable installation & heavy duty wiring, generators and switchboards, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding is of great advantage.
• You have problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
• With your good interpersonal skills you have the ability to lead a small team (approx. 6 Team members) and are able to contribute to the overall goals of upgrading, maintaining and operating the various electrical and electronic systems on board.
• You are able to read and understand Technical drawings, manuals and documents.
• You are medically fit to be signed on to crew articles (you cannot be colour blind, have hearing problems or other major medical conditions).
• You have Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.
Auf See :: Die Rettungsboote der Logos Hope bekommen neue Motoren, damit sie für Notfälle gerüstet sind
At Sea :: Logos Hope's rescue boats receive new engines, ensuring they remain equipped to respond to an emergency.
Ushuaia, Argentinen :: Am 4. Januar 1988 lief das erste Schiff von OM, die MS Logos, vor der Küste von Feuerland in Südamerika auf einen Felsen. Dieser Artikel feiert den 30. Jahrestag des Schiffbruchs, an dem frühere und heutige Schiffsmitarbeiter und unsere Partner auf der ganzen Welt sich an Gottes Treue zur Schiffsarbeit erinnern.
Ushuaia, Argentina :: On 4 January 1988 OM’s first ship, MV Logos, struck rocks off Tierra del Fuego in South America. This article marks the 30th anniversary of the shipwreck; as crewmembers past and present, along with partners around the world, reflect on God’s faithfulness to the Ship Ministry.
Nassau, Bahamas :: The Esposito family from Argentina enjoys serving God together on board Logos Hope, bringing professional skills and supporting each other.