The mobilising role exists to mobilise Jesus followers to live and work among the least reached in an authentic manner. We do this by inspiring, connecting & equipping these Jesus-followers to and for God's mission.
Key Result Areas:
- Inspire people from all walks of life toward God’s Mission
- Connect Jesus-followers and their faith communities to God's Mission and help facilitate equipping opportunities along the way
- Effective and timely follow-up of inquiries and applications to join OM
- Effective administration
Minimum preferred requirements
- Has previous cross-cultural missions or field experience, preferably with OM.
- Good communication skills – able to speak in public, comfortable dealing with people.
- Good interpersonal relational skills - able to connect with individuals and grow meaningful relationships.
- Knowledge of the global missions scene and missions trends
- Have gone through or is committed to attend the following 2 missions awareness courses: MMT and Kairos; International Policy Manual; OM South Africa Application process; OM South Africa Interviewing & screening process
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to use appropriate software used in OM for communication and people support
Confident, takes initiative, cares about people, can balance home and ministry
Please note: This is a non-salary position. Members need to raise funds and support from friends, family and churches
As soon as possible
It’s been a while since we first started on this adventure together….It’s been good and I’m thankful for this opportunity, but there are a few things I wish you had told me before I boarded that first plane. So I’m writing you this letter with the hope that the next person to join you will know some of these things beforehand. And that those already with you will know that they are not alone.”
“The new year is here,” says Renette. “The world tells us to make new year’s resolutions and nothing is wrong with doing that. Let’s not just look to the new year, let’s remember and celebrate the past year.”
Ride2Transform allows teams on two wheels to pedal far and wide, praying and sharing the love of Christ in least reached areas in Europe and Africa.
“‘…cling to what is good.’ I want to cling to what is good in the Lord’s eyes with all my strength,” says OMer Rebecca. “Cling like my life is on the line. Cling to His goodness. Cling to His grace. Cling to His love. Cling to His Word. Cling to His promises. For I know they are good.”
“It struck me the other day that I can only love others as much as I love myself,” shares Renette. “Now that I say it, it sounds so obvious. If there is something I struggle to love about myself—like my weight or lack of self-confidence—then these are the things I also struggle to love in others. If someone has more confidence than I have, jealousy creeps in and I struggle to love their confidence.”
“People would ask me how it was going, how I liked the city, and without fail some comment about the weather would pop out of my mouth quicker than I could swallow it back. The weather. That’s what I chose to talk about day after day. Because it was safe,” shares OMer Rebecca. “I didn’t want to admit it, but I was struggling. I wasn’t sure what I was doing or where I was going in life. But saying that I was struggling out loud felt like failing and I am not one for failure.”