International Internal Communications is a small but mighty division of Global Brand Management, working across all fields and divisions in OM globally. We exist to enable OM to communicate effectively with itself and enable each OMer to feel a part of the bigger story of what OM is doing in God’s grand plan.
International Internal Communications Manager is an opportunity for an energetic, organised and passionate people person. With a background in either marketing or communications and the ability to manage multiple projects with a toolbox of skills, this role provides an exciting chance to affect change in the way OM talks to itself.
Reporting to the Internal Communications Director, the internal communications manager will help:
• Manage monthly e-newsletters to all OMers plus analytics to report on their effectiveness
• Produce reports and presentations for the Global Leadership Team (GLT)
• Work with a graphic designer and copywriter on the production of e-newsletters, reports and presentations
• Have a good understanding of the OM family of fields, projects and ministries and be able to give advice on best internal communications practice to a variety of stakeholders
• Together with the MSM network to be able to advise on best communications (eg how do fields in Africa best communicate, what tools do they use, what ministries are active etc)
• Project manage the implementation and roll-out of an Internal News & Prayer App including content planning, guidelines for editors and troubleshooting
• Oversee and moderate the use of email distribution lists (eg all.prayer, all.news)
Skills and Attributes required include:
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Managing time effectively
• Good command of the English language both verbally and written
• Ability to use PowerPoint, Word and Excel with ease and excellence
• Fluent in a second language (desirable but optional)
• Minimal; possibly one week away per year
This position can be based from home or an OM office in most locations.
As soon as possible
“Here was someone who showed up at the right time with the right knowledge to take me to the right place,” remembers Renette. “He knew how to take me from being hopeless to having direction, purpose. He took me from off the map to back on the map. He didn’t use words, but walked alongside me, comforting and guiding me. And when he knew I could take on the next part of the journey by myself, he left. In 10 minutes I went from lost to found.”
OM Director's Update from Lawrence Tong
Ali Geake, Internal Communications Director, discusses the change living in another culture has had on her life and outlook.
OM Director's Update from Lawrence Tong, International Director
Small outreach teams will share the life-changing message of the gospel with hundreds of women in brothels and on the street this Easter.
“In the face of this devastating poverty, I feel a sickening sense that there is no way to help; that any programme we organised, any aid given or any message shared would not be enough to bring a real change,” shares Ellyn. “It is only when I learn to see their beauty—the person that God crafted them to be—that I feel hope in the fact that they too were created by God and placed here on earth for a purpose.”