Are you passionate about admin and would like to use it to expand the Kingdom of God? This opportunity is for you!
It is a full-time role which supports the Head of HR and provides day-to-day administrative oversight to the personnel-related activities of South Africa. This includes active coordination and handling of personnel-related inquiries, applications, and monitoring and maintaining Caleb and Petra systems; and responding to incoming emails on a variety of personnel related topics.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Implement written Personnel Policy and Protocol Manuals, ‘Code of Good Practice’ Standards
2. Recruiting (HODs interviews and advertising done by HR)
Lead the recruitment process in order to achieve a good fit between recruits and ministries in the field.
Oversee the application and preparation process in order to ensure applicants are sent (or received) to the OM world effectively.
4. People Care
Provide administrative support to team or field leader in order to ensure members of the field are taken care of and valued.
Gather and maintain personnel records in order to provide accurate, appropriate information and support to OMer and leadership.
Provide accurate information to field, area and international leadership in order to help leaders with strategic planning and to assess health and well-being of the team.
Develop good relationship with stakeholders outside your field in order to strengthen understanding and working together
Minimum preferred requirements
• OM core values internalized
• Cares deeply for people and has a vision, in a broad sense, for personnel ministry.
• Significant experiential knowledge of ministry within the field of service
• Able to give sufficient time to fulfill the role as dictated by the size and setting of the field.
• Able to understand and implement the complexities of OM policies and practices
• Able to connect people; a good networker
• Able to work well with others, both as leader and team member.
• Able to communicate in the team language and in English.
• Must have administrative ability
• While professional personnel management training and experience are valued, we are willing to train a person in the role.
• Familiar with OM International Policy Manual
• Familiar with OM International Personnel Manual
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Proficient in the use of computer software currently in use by OM for communication, reporting, and personnel management.
• Comfortable with administration and able to work with necessary technology.
Takes initiative, cares about people, can balance home and ministry
The holder of this position will be required to fulfill other ad-hoc activities and responsibilities not listed above.
This is a non-salary position. Members need to raise funds and support from friends, family and churches.
Personal life and character must be grounded in and consistently demonstrate biblical values of spiritual life and leadership in accordance with OM’s vision and mission, Statement of Faith and Core Values.
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“…There was just something about speaking up for those who cannot speak for themselves,” said Annelize.
From the age of five, Jane knew she wanted to serve the Lord overseas. What she didn't know was when exactly she would go.
“I have found that, working with the different fields, I can help the young people grow in their roles and support the Field strategically – aspects of my career that I loved to do, and now continue to do so,” said Van Zyl.
Cuando Juan se sintió impulsado a dejar sus estudios y dedicarse a la plantación de iglesias, Dios le dejó en claro que terminará esa obra, porque estaba por usar las habilidades de Juan para Sus propósitos.
“I joined a homegroup (Bible Study or life group) two years ago and as time passes, more and more of each member’s character is coming forward,” says Renette. “It dawned on me the other day that we honestly do not have anything in common. No one does the same job or has the same friends or enjoys the same hobbies. No one would have met if it wasn’t for the homegroup. The only thing in common is our love for Jesus.”
When Juan felt compelled to leave his studies and do church planting, God made it clear to him to finish because God was going to use Juan's skills for His purposes.