Hong Kong

STEP OUT 2018 – Hong Kong (Sham Shui Po Team)

July 28 - August 11, 2018 (Apply by April 29)

STEP OUT is a short-term program that provides practical mission training and experience hands-on mission in Asia.A: Asia mission trips
B: Bilingual mission conference
C: Cross culture experience
D: Discipleship training

After the conference, you will be traveling with your teammates to Hong Kong, Sham Shui Po district where the poorest district in HK. You will work with OM HK among the marginalized groups from South Asia.

Available for:   Singles   Couples   Groups 

Ages 18 - 40   ·   $993
Ministry Details

28th July: Arrive at Taiwan for conference. All participants will have dinner together before the first program starts.

28th -31st July: It includes main sessions, interaction sessions, team building, different practical workshops, cross-cultural awareness, prayer night, community night. The conference will end in the evening of 31st July.

01st August: Depart conference for Hong Kong

01st – 11th August: The team will be involved in Child care/youth/woman ministry, small group street outreach, cultural sharing and partner with local church.

11th August Depart Hong Kong for home

Participant Profile

We are looking for people who love Jesus. No previous experience is necessary as here it could be your starting point! Additionally, if you have a heart for Asia and also but are not sure about where to start, this program is definitely designed for you.
Another distinctive feature for STEP OUT is the BILINGUAL conference (English and Chinese)! We warmly welcome Chinese speakers who struggle to communicate in English as Chinese interpretation would be provided throughout the conference.


Simple accommodation


You will be offered Taiwanese food and local Hong Kong Food. Special dietary needs have to be communicated in advance.


You should arrange your flight to Taoyuan International Airport(TPE), Taiwan –Hong Kong(HKG)- home country. Full details of travel arrangements will be provided by your local OM office.
Airport pick-up will be arranged on the arrival day. Transportation will be provided from the conference venue to the airport on the departure day.

How to Find Us

Please See "Travel".


You should be in average good health, and be responsible to obtain appropriate emergency health, medical, and travel insurance


Only a TOURIST visa is required. In addition, Taiwan has visa exemption relationships with many countries. Please confirm full details in the website of Taiwanese bureau of consular affairs: http://www.boca.gov.tw

Hong Kong visa: Please apply for visit visa, Hong Kong now has a visa exemption relationship with many countries, please check on the website:


With a population of 7 million in 1104 km2, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated cities in the world. It is a place where the “East meets the West,” having been largely influenced by 150 years of British rule.
The population is 94% Chinese; the remaining 6% are ethnic minorities from around the world, particularly from South Asia. Many of them reside in Sham Shui Po, the poorest district in Hong Kong. They face challenges such as language barrier, poor housing conditions, and unemployment. OM Hong Kong works with local churches to show Jesus’ love to these immigrants by meeting their everyday needs.

All prices do not include airfare