English Teacher, OM Lifehope: United Kingdom
Do you have a passion for equipping others to be effective communicators in English? We need an enthusiastic, energetic and missions-minded English Teacher to teach English to people preparing for longer-term mission in OM or other mission agencies.
- Start Date: Thu 01 Aug 2013
- Commitment Length: 6-12 months (Full Time)
- * A recognised teaching certificate in TEFL/TESOL
- * A proficient English speaker
- * A team player, flexible and preferably with some cross-cultural missions experience
- * An appreciation of the English language and love of teaching language skills
- *An encourager who affirms and builds up confidence in others
- * Specific on-the-job training to be agreed
You will be part of a team, teaching classes of 5 to 12 students for 12 to 15 hours a week, meeting students one-to-one, preparing lessons and marking homework. Our English courses last three to four months, follow an established curriculum and are supplemented with training in faith-sharing and missions. There are also opportunities for joining short-term outreaches, mentoring students and supervising a church-based outreach team.
Please note: all jobs/opportunities on this site are unsalaried. Most people joining OM have to raise financial support to cover their living expenses, usually through gifts from home churches and other supporters.