Director of The Freedom Climb campaign: United States
Build a team of advocates and financial partners that would impact the lives of marginalized women around the world and to raise awareness of what OM, an international faith-motivated; non-profit organization is doing to help empower women who are trapped in trafficking, slavery, and/or poverty. To link American Christian women with the plight of marginalized women around the world, through building networks, advocacy and raising awareness and resources to combat these issues globally.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Commitment Length: as long as possible (Full Time)
- Capacity to gain a vast knowledge of the workings of Operation Mobilization, at both a field and office level.
- Ability to articulate the vision and mission of Operation Mobilization and The Freedom Climb.
- College degree preferred.
- Some experience in medical, humanitarian or international issues.
- Experience in non-profit organization and specifically fund development.
- Experience in women’s issues and int’l projects (i.e: medical, refugee and relief, community development, micro-enterprise and skills training, women’s empowerment etc.)
- Experience of women’s projects in a variety of different countries, developing nations particularly.
- Experience with a variety of cultures and settings, including if possible, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and African cultures.
- Experience leading a team.
- Familiarity with and passion for world missions and humanitarian projects.
- Ability to understand the spiritual context of cultures.
- Strong evidence of a growing, vibrant spiritual life.
- Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one, in small groups and with large audiences.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel extensively.
Raising awareness and advocacy:
- To effectively raise awareness of the needs of marginalized women and gender inequalities that exists across the globe by building a team of volunteer advocates.
- To effectively raise awareness of how Operation Mobilization tackles gender inequalities and works with women in over 100 countries, especially those who are marginalized and entrapped in the cycle of poverty.
- To be a voice for women and their families who have no voice and no one to speak for them. To tell their stories and share their lives with communities of women within the US.
- Communicate through multi-media, events and public speaking in order to raise awareness and funds.
- Foster and build relationships with financial partners, in coordination with OM USA development team.
- Present FC projects and ministries to financial partners in coordination with OM USA development team.
- To liaise with OM and partner organization field workers in over 100 countries to maintain the quality of projects that OM is involved with.
- To liaise with field workers to gather proposals for new projects to benefit women.
- To compile good sources of women’s stories and the projects OM is involved with.
- To continue to improve expertise on Women’s issues by doing extensive and continual research into the needs of women in different parts of the world and how best to serve them.
- To liaise with other organizations who are involved with similar work amongst women.
Planning and implementing visits and vision trips:
- Plan and implement vision trips for donors to visit projects they have sponsored or may consider supporting.
- Liaise with field workers to organize trips which meet the desires and requirements of the donor.
- Travel with the donors and transfer knowledge of culture and field to trip participants.
- Lead the Freedom Climb team and efforts.
- Drive the vision, strategy and messaging.
- Be accountable for goals, and resources (financial and human)
- Plan and work within an approved budget.
- Maintain a close, accountable relationship with VP of Marketing and Development and coordinate well with other team members.
Please note: all jobs/opportunities on this site are unsalaried. Most people joining OM have to raise financial support to cover their living expenses, usually through gifts from home churches and other supporters.