Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We’re investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Working with the Maintenance team on board you will be responsible for:
• Domestic water systems throughout the vessel: fresh water lines, black and grey waste water systems, drainage systems, certain hydraulic and refrigeration systems.
• Working under the leadership of the vessel’s Accommodation Maintenance Engineering Officer, responsibilities include the maintenance of wash rooms; vacuum toilet systems; water supply, use and drainage in the galley etc.
• You have qualifications and several years of experience as a plumber.
• You are able to work independently and have experience in working with threaded fittings, small diameter copper and steel pipes, plastic piping, brazing and soldering, crimped fittings, etc.
• You have problem-solving skills and you are manually skilled.
• You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
• Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
On the job training will be provided as needed.
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“It was five years ago that I ran through the flag tunnel in South Korea and entered the Logos Hope ship for the first time,” remembers Camila. “My heart was beating fast and my mouth was dry. I carried a suitcase full of clothes and pictures of the people I would miss. I also carried with me many dreams and things I wanted to achieve in those first two years—professional dreams, sentimental dreams, material dreams—all of which came from the desires of my heart.”
Ships :: A volunteer from Eastern Europe shares the story of her time serving on Logos Hope.
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.
Auf See :: Die Rettungsboote der Logos Hope bekommen neue Motoren, damit sie für Notfälle gerüstet sind
At Sea :: Logos Hope's rescue boats receive new engines, ensuring they remain equipped to respond to an emergency.
Ushuaia, Argentinen :: Am 4. Januar 1988 lief das erste Schiff von OM, die MS Logos, vor der Küste von Feuerland in Südamerika auf einen Felsen. Dieser Artikel feiert den 30. Jahrestag des Schiffbruchs, an dem frühere und heutige Schiffsmitarbeiter und unsere Partner auf der ganzen Welt sich an Gottes Treue zur Schiffsarbeit erinnern.