Use your skills to convert powerful Christian publications into downloadable eBooks that can travel to hard-to-reach places. Share the hope of Christ by making resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in the local language!
OM EAST, based near Vienna, specialises in publishing high quality Christian print and digital media in the heart languages of diverse people groups. We have a library of powerful books waiting to be converted into downloadable eBooks that can more easily travel to hard-to-reach places.
Would you use your skills to make resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in their local language? Join OM EAST and play a key role in helping share the gospel and strengthen believers in their faith. In this role, it is possible to work remotely or to be based locally in Austria.
EBook Programmer’s responsibilities:
• Responsible to create, maintain XML / HTML / EPUB files independently
• Responsible to upload / maintain eBook database
• Communicate and collaborate with team on specific projects and workflow solutions
• Assist with layout of print publications as needed
• Possible social media marketing of eBooks
EBook Programmer’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Should have hands-on experience in coding (HTML and CSS)
• Basic knowledge in image and text extraction software (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop)
• Experience in HTML coding
• Identify opportunities for automation in existing workflows
• Team player
• Desire to learn, adapt and change and embrace new technologies
• Self-motivated, organised and very good attention to detail
• Good communication skills
As soon as possible
As long as possible
Biljana möchte andere Roma mit der Liebe Gottes erreichen.
Rebecca and Renette share what 2020 taught them in a 'thank you' letter to the year.
“I’ve never been so clearly stuck in a season of waiting like this—ever. And while I am safe ‘at home’ (such a complicated word for an overseas worker), it’s still a displacement with no end in sight,” says Kate. “In all the unknowns right now, I know this: the absolute, unchanging truth is that God is still in control, still in charge and is still trustworthy.”
In the Middle East and North Africa, OM is aiming at having 50 percent nationals in their teams by the end of 2021.
OM workers in the Balkans want to be the face of Jesus to those who need mercy and restoration.
“So why then do we neglect these small disciplines?” asks Silas. “The answer is as simple as it is profound. The things that are easy to do (and yes, these small disciplines mentioned above are easy to do) are also easy not to do!”