Use your skills to convert powerful Christian publications into downloadable eBooks that can travel to hard-to-reach places. Share the hope of Christ by making resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in the local language!
OM EAST, based near Vienna, specialises in publishing high quality Christian print and digital media in the heart languages of diverse people groups. We have a library of powerful books waiting to be converted into downloadable eBooks that can more easily travel to hard-to-reach places. Would you use your skills to make resources available in areas where there is little or no Christian literature in their local language? Join OM EAST and play a key role in helping share the gospel and strengthen believers in their faith.
EBook Programmer’s responsibilities:
• Responsible to create, maintain XML / HTML / EPUB files independently
• Responsible to upload / maintain eBook database
• Communicate and collaborate with team on specific projects and workflow solutions
• Assist with layout of print publications as needed
• Possible social media marketing of eBooks
EBook Programmer’s knowledge, skills and experience:
• Should have hands-on experience in coding (HTML and CSS)
• Basic knowledge in image and text extraction software (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop)
• Experience in HTML coding
• Identify opportunities for automation in existing workflows
• Team player
• Desire to learn, adapt and change and embrace new technologies
• Self-motivated, organised and very good attention to detail
• Good communication skills
As soon as possible
As long as possible
“As I prayed in song, I stumbled my way towards clarity: God likes me,” remembers Louisa. “His delight in me is steady and perfect and not contingent on me at all. I didn’t have to linger by the door of the Father’s house, trying to fix myself in hopes of an invitation in. The door is ajar. I belong inside.”
An international photographer finds new ways to support the body of Christ when coronavirus cancels all his trips.
A Latino marketplace worker uses every opportunity to make disciples by living openly and sharing freely.
Paola finds God's purpose for her life overseas by teaching Spanish to Arab women and discipling other women for greater kingdom impact.
“We can learn from the rapid spread of Jesus’ message,” says Palin. “It is simple – humanly speaking the only way to see a rapid growth of Jesus followers among the least reached is for Jesus followers to move in their midst, just as Jesus did: “…the word became flesh and dwelt among them.” Let us go where there are no Jesus followers.”
A widow discovers grace, value and respect through a women's group but loses her community due to the coronavirus quarantine.