For an Electrical Officer we are looking for an skilled Electrical Technician (preferably in the area of Power Production) that has experience in leading and managing a Team. With a minimum of 3 years work experience. Experience in the marine industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
Good interpersonal skills and being a computer literate are vital requirements. You will need to work with MS Office, AutoCAD & and a computer based Maintenance program called AMOS.
• Working in areas will involve work on the following machinery and systems:
o generators, switchboard up to 1000V, motors, control systems, public address system, fire alarm system, bridge & navigation equipment
o computerised systems i.e. AutoCAD, planned maintenance system (AMOS) and PLC (Siemens S7)
• Scheduling, planning, fulfilment & reporting of the on-going maintenance and repair for our vessel
• Carrying out domestic installations, motor installations and installation of automation sensors as part of a continuous programme of upgrading
• Documentation of Upgrades, Fault occurrences & Repairs into our computer based Maintenance software as well as updating of system drawings in Auto CAD and updating of Technical Manuals.
• Qualifications and experience with Electronic and control systems, motor control systems, cable installation & heavy duty wiring, generators and switchboards, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding is of great advantage.
• You have problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
• With your good interpersonal skills you have the ability to lead a small team (approx. 6 Team members) and are able to contribute to the overall goals of upgrading, maintaining and operating the various electrical and electronic systems on board.
• You are able to read and understand Technical drawings, manuals and documents.
• You are medically fit to be signed on to crew articles (you cannot be colour blind, have hearing problems or other major medical conditions).
• You have Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
Schiffe:: Erstmalig gibt es eine Erste Ingenieurin auf einem OM-Schiff. Sie erzählt, wie es dazu kam, dass sie Gott mit ihren Begabungen dient.
Ships :: OM Ships' pioneering female First Engineer shares her journey of serving God with her skills.
“It was five years ago that I ran through the flag tunnel in South Korea and entered the Logos Hope ship for the first time,” remembers Camila. “My heart was beating fast and my mouth was dry. I carried a suitcase full of clothes and pictures of the people I would miss. I also carried with me many dreams and things I wanted to achieve in those first two years—professional dreams, sentimental dreams, material dreams—all of which came from the desires of my heart.”
Schiffe :: Eine Schiffsmitarbeiterin aus Osteuropa erzählt von ihrer Zeit auf der Logos Hope
Ships :: A volunteer from Eastern Europe shares the story of her time serving on Logos Hope.
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.