As an IT officer, your focus will be on maintaining information technology for all employees in the area, and enable all departments to fulfill their duties efficiently and effectively. You’ll also provide support for production staff, and technical assistance for software deployments.
Secure staff devices according to IT policies.
2. Staff security training
Train staff in security practises so company data can remain private and secure.
3. Hardware and software management
Maintain and upgrade devices and software according to IT policies.
Ensure reliable and consistent backups within OM standards and suited to each field’s circumstances.
5. Office 365
Provide assistance to fields to maximize productivity by using Office 365.
6. Represent IT concerns to Area IT Officer (AITO)
Relate to Area IT officer in order to report/represent IT concerns.
Minimum preferred requirements
· OM core values internalized
· In-depth knowledge of computer systems
· Ability describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to analyse and evaluate network and system performance
· Organized and attentive to detail
· Able to communicate in English
· Able to learn and navigate new technologies (Windows, Linux, Mac, Web design or development skills would be an advantage)
· Patience in working with users
· IT or Computer Science Degree, or equivalent is preferred
As soon as possible
For years, Gustavo, an architect from Central America, felt drawn to working in the Arabian Peninsula. Then, on a short-term trip, he saw what it could be like to use his profession overseas.
Por años, Gustavo*, un arquitecto de América Central, se sintió llamado a trabajar en la Península Arábiga. Finalmente, se presentó la oportunidad de realizar un viaje de corto plazo para ver cómo sería utilizar su profesión en el exterior.
“While I waited the remaining few minutes for my flight, I processed what had just happened. I recognised too much of the ‘Good Samaritan’ parable in the situation, and, unfortunately, I wasn’t the unlikely passer-by who went out of the way to help: it was the Muslim woman,” shares Nicole.
Worker uses local friend’s introductions to intentionally share truth with young men.
Three families talk about their experiences serving in the Middle East with small children, a special needs son and teenage daughters.
OM workers in the Arabian Peninsula use their jobs intentionally—as opportunities to develop relationships and share truth with their co-workers in least reached nations.