Many people who invest their lives in missions take their first step on a Short Term Missions team. Would you like to play a vital part in their journey? Would you be excited at encouraging mission and outreach in the UK and have the skills to motivate the church and encourage evangelism? We are looking for a person who can combine good organizational planning skills with a heart for outreach and a gift for working with others to develop and lead our Short Term Missions programme in the UK.
You will have an overview of and, where relevant, coordinate all aspects of short-term mission in the UK in collaboration with relevant departments such as Missions Discipleship Training team, London Team, Birmingham Team and Global Village among others. You will build on links we have with a network of churches and partnership ministries in order to provide Short Term Mission Outreaches. These outreaches are opportunities both to serve and to share the Gospel with local communities.
1. To have an overview of and, where relevant, coordinate all aspects of short-term mission in collaboration with the relevant OM departments in the UK.
2. Be well organised and have the ability to plan.
3. Have a willingness to engage with other churches and agencies in order to share the STM vision.
4. Be ready to serve the wider community and learn to communicate your faith in a way that they understand.
5. Speak English and be willing to engage with other cultures.
6. Have previously taken part in STM outreaches
7. Love people and pray for them.
As soon as possible
Years of consistent Christ-centred community allow an OM worker to develop friendships with Pakistani women and study the Bible with them.
For the Kurdish people, the future is uncertain. But the gospel message that believers want to share with them is one of overwhelming hope.
Short-term workers are inspired to share the good news after experiencing opportunities on outreach in Turkey.
The Friendship Centre is a central hub and meeting place for people from a diverse community in England.
The Kid's 'n' Things team visited two churches to run five-day long holiday clubs, with the theme of “Lionheart and the Great Wild West Adventure”.
OM workers use London charity shop to reach out to surrounding Turkish and Kurdish communities.