In Italy, where the roots of Catholicism lay, only very few people have a living relationship with God and know Jesus as Lord and Savior. Do you want to help create a vibrant community of Jesus followers among the people In Pisa? Do you have a desire to reach Italians with the true gospel message? Come and join OM Italia to serve with a local church plant and help in reaching out to Italians.
OM Italia is helping a recently planted church in Pisa. The vision for this church plant is to see a Christian Evangelical church in the heart of Pisa that puts the Gospel at the center of everything that it is and does; that lives the Gospel, through an active commitment to its ‘neighbors’ and a clear and courageous proclamation, to reach people, especially young people and students.
We are looking for people who have a heart for the church, that want to commit themselves to a church plant and to reaching out to locals. Your role will be defined according to your skills, your experience and your gifts (some examples: hosting a Bible study in your house, organizing a musical event in the university, teaching English).
The team of OM Italia is based in Pisa. As well as being part of the church plant you will be part of the OM Italia team and therefore take part in the team activities like team- and prayer meetings and serve within OM Italia’s vision and ministry.
- Knowledge of the Italian language or strong commitment to learn it.
- Patience and endurance when results might not always directly be visible.
- Pro-activeness: not afraid to start new activities and try-out different ways to reach and disciple people.
- Ability to work in a team: servant attitude and willingness to receive and give feedback and to collaborate on a shared vision to make Christ known.
- Experience in evangelism and/or discipleship.
- Agreeing with the church’s confession of faith and church covenant.
- A strong desire to share God’s love with people, especially through a church.
As soon as possible
“Aren’t there enough churches in Italy?” Not to reach the 50,000 people in Pisa, says OM team, who plants La Torre.
Ride2Transform allows teams on two wheels to pedal far and wide, praying and sharing the love of Christ in least reached areas in Europe and Africa.
A new church in Pisa puts the gospel at the centre of everything and has committed to reaching its neighbours, especially young people and students.
OM Italy organised an art exhibition in December in Pisa to illustrate the issues of personal freedom and highlight sexual trafficking and their role in helping victims.
By providing holistic care and support to victims of human trafficking, OM hopes to lead them to freedom in Christ.
The team in Fucecchio, near Pisa puts on their first English Sports camp after a year of local ministry through an after school programme.