As a Carpenter, you work as part of the Maintenance team who is responsible for maintaining adequate and comfort living and working conditions all around the ship. This includes safe and functional interior and furnishing in private, public and work areas, working sanitary spaces, managing fresh and waste water, air conditioning and ventilation, cold spaces, maintain routine check on various equipment and spaces.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
• You are responsible of functionality and safety of all indoor areas around the ship by repairing, refitting and modifying existing structures according to different requests. For e.g. walls, ceilings, floors and other surfaces, doors and furniture includes to your area.
• You work as a part of maintenance team and you are responsible to Accommodation Maintenance engineer.
What are the requirements (skills/competences) for this role?
• You have practical skills and technical understanding and you can use common hand tools and electric tools to fix existing or to fabricate new furniture and structure.
• You have preferably some level of technical education.
• Earlier experience is required.
As soon as possible
“It was five years ago that I ran through the flag tunnel in South Korea and entered the Logos Hope ship for the first time,” remembers Camila. “My heart was beating fast and my mouth was dry. I carried a suitcase full of clothes and pictures of the people I would miss. I also carried with me many dreams and things I wanted to achieve in those first two years—professional dreams, sentimental dreams, material dreams—all of which came from the desires of my heart.”
Schiffe :: Eine Schiffsmitarbeiterin aus Osteuropa erzählt von ihrer Zeit auf der Logos Hope
Ships :: A volunteer from Eastern Europe shares the story of her time serving on Logos Hope.
Este año se celebra el décimo aniversario del barco Logos Hope. Pero, ¿conocés toda la historia detrás del ministerio de los barcos de Operación Movilización? Seguí leyendo para descubrir su increíble travesía.
Auf See :: Die Rettungsboote der Logos Hope bekommen neue Motoren, damit sie für Notfälle gerüstet sind
At Sea :: Logos Hope's rescue boats receive new engines, ensuring they remain equipped to respond to an emergency.