Do you want to find out what God can do in and through your life? Do you want to experience how you can make a difference in the life of (mainly) Muslim immigrants?
Building Bridges is an intercultural ministry among immigrants, refugees and Muslims. As bridge builders we live and promote intercultural, respectful friendships between Christians and Muslim. This will make God’s love known to them and supports integration. We have teams in two locations, in Linz/Traun and in Graz.
In the summer of 2018, the team in the Linz area started a church planting project called “Neue Heimat” to reach immigrants and refugees from Muslim background with the gospel. Until the summer of 2020 we are also involved in the integration project “iPunkt” (in partnership with a local church). This project emphasises help with homework, individual coaching and a safe place to play for children between 6 and 12.
In Graz we cooperate with several local churches and other Christian organisations in the charity “Peace and Hope” which was founded 2016. Housing is offered to Christian refugees in a house specially adapted for this purpose where they can live out their faith in freedom. Through various programmes and projects immigrants and refugees get to know the Christian faith and find support with integration as well as learning German.
Our ministry includes:
• developing relationships with immigrants
• working with children and youths
• visiting refugees and immigrants
• heling with faith courses
• helping with German classes
• practical help
• sports and fun activities
• organising outreaches and events
• personal relationship with Jesus
• sending church that approves the ministry and supports you
• interest in other cultures
• openness for relationships to immigrants from Muslim background
• basic German language - the whole program is running in German
• serving attitude
• being a team player
• minimum 18 years old
• helpful but not required: experience and / or training in theology, teaching, social work, counselling
What we offer:
• be part of an experienced team
• find out and develop your gifts and talents
• personal coaching
• various trainings
• gain insight into an intercultural ministry
As soon as possible