Do you want to find out what God can do in and through your life? Do you want to experience how you can make a difference in the life of (mainly) Muslim immigrants?
Building Bridges is an intercultural ministry among immigrants, refugees and Muslims. As bridge builders we live and promote intercultural, respectful friendships between Christians and Muslim. This will make God’s love known to them and supports integration. We have teams in two locations, in Linz/Traun and in Graz.
In the summer of 2018, the team in the Linz area started a church planting project called “Neue Heimat” to reach immigrants and refugees from Muslim background with the gospel. Until the summer of 2020 we are also involved in the integration project “iPunkt” (in partnership with a local church). This project emphasises help with homework, individual coaching and a safe place to play for children between 6 and 12.
In Graz we cooperate with several local churches and other Christian organisations in the charity “Peace and Hope” which was founded 2016. Housing is offered to Christian refugees in a house specially adapted for this purpose where they can live out their faith in freedom. Through various programmes and projects immigrants and refugees get to know the Christian faith and find support with integration as well as learning German.
Our ministry includes:
• developing relationships with immigrants
• working with children and youths
• visiting refugees and immigrants
• heling with faith courses
• helping with German classes
• practical help
• sports and fun activities
• organising outreaches and events
• personal relationship with Jesus
• sending church that approves the ministry and supports you
• interest in other cultures
• openness for relationships to immigrants from Muslim background
• basic German language - the whole program is running in German
• serving attitude
• being a team player
• minimum 18 years old
• helpful but not required: experience and / or training in theology, teaching, social work, counselling
What we offer:
• be part of an experienced team
• find out and develop your gifts and talents
• personal coaching
• various trainings
• gain insight into an intercultural ministry
As soon as possible
In partnership with local churches, a team shared the good news of Easter through music with all kinds of people in Austria.
Easter is a popular time for outreaches in Europe. Stories from last year inspire this year's team.
Building relationships with Muslims and sharing about the good news of Jesus in the city of Graz, Austria during the Building Bridges Experience outreach.
"The Lord gave me a verse out of Isaiah 50:5...I started to understand that I had a lot to give, and that God’s ways for me might lead me differently than I had thought," said OMer Evelyn.
“It is wonderful and we are very grateful to God that we can live here,” Javid said. “Finally we have found a place where we can live our faith in Jesus in peace."
Finn und Naomi, workers at Building Bridges in Linz and Traun, give us insight into their experiences and encounters with migrants.