Since our beginnings, we have been driven by a deep conviction that everyone should have the opportunity to hear the gospel at least once. Sadly, there are still thousands of peoples and communities that have never heard about Jesus, ever. Do you share our passion for these people to hear of His fame and renown? Come. Join one of our teams and be amazed at how God is working in lives and communities around the world, and be amazed at how He works in your life, as well. We are looking for you, and many more like you, to join us on this journey to see vibrant communities of Jesus followers established among the least reached all over the world.
Does your heart beat for people from other countries? Do you have a passion to share God’s love holistically? Do you want to invest your experience and abilities in a pioneering ministry and develop them further?
OM Norway is planning a pioneer ministry among immigrants, refugees and Muslims in one of the capital's strategic suburbs. The team members will stay in the area of ministry, nourishing intercultural, respectful friendships between Christians and Muslims as a way of sharing the love of God.
The team will work together with a small, local, evangelical church of Jesus-followers from 25 nations. The church has a good name in the community, with several key contacts.
Our goal is to see one, or several, vibrant communities of Jesus followers established among the least reached in this suburb.
THE TEAM WILL SEEK TO:
o develop the ministry through prayer and listening to God, as He leads and open doors
o develop friendships with immigrants
o work with children and youth
o visit refugees and immigrants
o evangelize, disciple and counsel
o assist integration and give practical help
o invite kids and youth to sports and fun activities
o organize outreaches and events
o maintain ministry administration
• have a personal relationship with Jesus
• have a sending church that approves of the ministry and supports you
• all OM staff secure their own funding by private donations.
• being a culturally sensitive person
• be interested in other cultures
• be open for friendships with immigrants from Muslim background
• language skills desired:
• (Norwegian-speaking or) a willingness to learn Norwegian. Arabic or an East-African language would be helpful, too.
• be a flexible team player as well as a stayer that doesn't give up despite absence of visible results
• be minimum 18 years old
• complete a background check to obtain a police certificate that confirms you have not been arrested or convicted of criminal offenses against minors
HELPFUL but not required:
Experience and/or training in theology, teaching, social work, counselling
WHAT WE OFFER:
• be part of a pioneering team
• work according to your personal gifts and abilities
• grow as you are stretched beyond your comfort zone
• ongoing training and coaching in the ministry
• training opportunities within OM international
• it may be possible to work or study part time, during the pioneering phase.
As soon as possible
People of OM- Facebook Feature HuiMin Kim
Norwegen :: Shura aus Ecuador nutzt die seltene Chance und erklärt in ihrer Muttersprache das Evangelium
Norway :: A rare chance to speak her native tongue gives gives Shura (Ecuador) a chance to share the Gospel.
In January 2013, OM Norway and Norwegian Naval Training Agency agreed on internship programme for deckhands and motormen on board MV Logos Hope.
OM Norway Field Leader Willy Andre Meberg expresses condolences and prayer for the people of Norway.