Just outside Brussels, in a town called Zaventem, OM has an internationally used conference facility called ZavCentre. ZavCentre provides up to a full board stay for missionaries traveling through, OM groups' meetings, local Christians and others. Our center has around 70 beds and 5 small and large meeting rooms. Besides the conference center, OM wants to help the local church in reaching their purpose for Christ.
The Housekeeping manager is responsible for managing the daily housekeeping. They ensure that the housekeeping volunteers maintain standards of cleanliness in residents' quarters and public areas. They plan schedules for volunteers.
• Direct and manage all aspects of housekeeping such as scheduling, staffing and quality of cleaning.
• Develop and deliver effective training.
• Review physical and cleanliness status of the building.
• Stocking towels and toiletries, changing linens, emptying trashcans and vacuuming rooms.
• Responsible for laundry.
• Train, schedule and supervise the team responsible for those duties.
• Overseeing the daily operations of the housekeeping and ensuring guestrooms and public areas are clean and comfortable.
• Managing inventories and budgets.
• Maintain stock levels and buy/order new supplies as required.
• Supervisory experience is especially helpful.
• Strong organization, communication, and multitasking skills are important.
• A servant-heart and willingness to work practically to serve mission workers.
• Knowledge of English.
• Driver's license is a plus.
• Flexible, friendly, open character.
• Previous housekeeping experience is not necessary.
• Preferably a EU-citizen due to visa requirements.
Part Time (20 hours per week) - part time can be done in parallel to other ministries.
As soon as possible
Der „Prayer Hub" ist ein neuer Dienst, um eine Kultur des Gebets in OM zu entwickeln und zu pflegen. Die Gründer, Boyd und Ribka Williams, haben das Gebet zu ihrem Dienst gemacht.
Prayer Hub is a newer ministry that exists to help develop and nurture a culture of prayer in OM. The founders, Boyd and Ribka Williams, have made prayer their ministry.
Ride2Transform allows teams on two wheels to pedal far and wide, praying and sharing the love of Christ in least reached areas in Europe and Africa.
OM field leader Martin believes Belgium has a strategic part to play, with OM, in helping grow a church planting movement in Europe.
Twenty years ago, Martin Turner (UK) worked with OM Belgium for eight years, from 1988-96, with local churches and immigrants. After secular work in the UK, he and his wife, Meryem (NL), returned to Belgium a year ago. Martin is the new Field Leader for OM Belgium. Meryem is involved with immigrants. She is also planning to teach the LAMP2* method of language learning to the team members. AnneMarit Viljoen met them to ask them about their return to Belgium.
A suitcase sermon illustration helped Fredi understand what God had in store for him through full-time ministry with OM.