The Doulos Hope is about to set sail on a new journey to bring knowledge, help and hope around the world! We are in need of an AV Technician to join our team!
In this role, you will oversee sound, lighting and video support for the public events and programs run on board and onshore as well as for the internal programs aboard the Doulos Hope. Additionally you will be responsible for all meeting rooms’ audio and video systems for our teams.
Do you have these skills? Then we need you!
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
• You are responsible for the AV side of events on board, community events, training services and general maintenance of equipment
• You work closely with onboard events team coordinator, people development members and worship bands
• You are the one who uses your knowledge and experience to help ship’s company as far as possible with any AV requests
• You coordinate specific arrangements and design of lights, sound and video for events
• You will need to have the basic understanding of how to operate all AV equipment and you will receive further guidance and knowledge in this area
• You will be performing in a team but you will need to be self motivated and able to teach yourself on a technical level in Lights, Video or Sound
What are the requirements (skills/competences) for this role?
• You have experience with operating sound systems, light systems and video systems in live events (church, school programs etc.)
• You are willing to learn with the resources you are provided with and you will take initiative to further your understanding in one specific AV field
• You have to be FAT: Flexible, Adaptable and Teachable
• You are proactive to learn and also to teach others
• You understand not only that the role demands good time management but also that it involves that you are able to work well on your own
• You will have a good relationship with your team and those involved in the event
• You will look after the equipment and maintain a professional standard in your work