Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We’re investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Teach our leaders’ children in small classes and invest in first-hand cultural experiences as you visit port cities around the world. Being a member of the on-board community you will receive spiritual input, while living in an international community and being involved in community activities both on-board and onshore. We are looking for qualified and flexible early years and primary teachers to join the school team, working with children within the 3-11 year age-range.
Working with the school on board, you will be expected to:
• Be a passionate and dedicated teacher who cares for and teaches the children who live on board the Logos Hope with their families.
• Plan and deliver learning opportunities for these children within the Logos Hope School and work collaboratively with the other teachers in whole school activities
• Teachers with a current, official teaching qualification needed.
• Ability to teach mixed-age groups in subjects spanning the UK’s Early Years and National Curriculum Schemes of Work.
• Flexibility to work with different classes according to the teaching vacancies on board..
• Experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English is essential.
• Motivation to live in a close cross-cultural environment and a commitment to teamwork are essential pre-requisites for this position.