Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We’re investing in young people and offer the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community, you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship.
Do you have experience welding? We would love for you to help us further God’s mission by joining our ship’s ministry using your God-given skill set.
Job Content: Working with the Maintenance team on board, you will be responsible for:
• The installation and modification of existing pipe systems and steel constructions.
• Working under the leadership of the vessel’s Accommodation Services Engineering Officer.
• Welding experience, preferably in marine environment, with expert knowledge in SMAW (stick), GMAW (MIG) and TIG welding techniques.
• Holder of certificate for plate and pipe welding.
• Knowledge and experience in the use of electric tools, heating torch, plasma cutter, pipe bending machine, threading machine, etc. and with pre- and post- welding heat treating processes.
• Problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
• Preferably having good fitting experience and skills.
• You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
• Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.