Information & Requirements
HIGH LEVEL OBJECTIVES:
- Connect and engage with all assigned field workers on a quarterly basis (at a minimum)
- Participate in co-leading debriefings as requested by field personnel
- Respond to field personnel needs as requested by either field workers or field leaders.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative with all field workers assigned to the PC Specialist.
- Responsible for identifying and participating in two trainings a year (minimum) such as debriefing, listening, counseling, etc.
- Respond to all newsletters received by field personnel both via email and in prayer.
- Provide feedback in the placement structure as to the health of fields experienced by Americans.
- Field visits to assess and encourage individuals and teams in their own environment.
- Connecting global workers with appropriate resources. Provide coaching and on-going support for workers in transition.
- Self-motivation and prioritization of field connections.
- Reading and responding to newsletters, emails, calls, etc. upon receiving them.
- Setting up times to meet (via teams, zoom, etc.) with field personnel as needed.
- Researching tools and highlighting best practices to be used in debriefings and consultations.
- Participate in all OM USA virtual/onsite team events to assess mental health status of team, both individually and as a whole.
- Respond to field emergencies as needed and directed by field representatives and People Care Director.
- Cultivate relationships with other People Care providers both inside and outside of OM.
- Introduce transition specialist into the process when field workers either leave OM or desire to transition to another field.
- Provide help and resources during a field workers furlough/home assignment.
- Participate in GO Conference as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in pre-field training/onboarding as requested by the Human Resources department.
- Shadow team lead in the event of a field crisis.
- Be available to provide peer to peer help within the People Care department.
- BA in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or Counseling (or equivalent field experience)
- Minimum of one year cross-cultural living
- Proficient use of MS office suite and virtual technology (teams, zoom, etc. )