MediaWorks is looking for a Software Engineer to work on a headless CMS that enables ministries to share media with each other and quickly create websites / PWA’s. Using your skills, you will help to strengthen our team and share God’s love with the least reached.
MediaWorks equips local ministries around the globe with relevant print and digital media that helps them share the gospel and strengthen believers in their communities.
We are looking for a Software engineer to strengthen our experienced development team. You will be working in a team sharing the vision to create software that enables ministries to thrive digitally and share God’s love with the least reached in new ways.
We are using the following technologies:
– SCSS, HTML, uHTML (React’ish), PWA
– Terraform, Ansible
– Apache Jena, RDF data, Comunica
– GIT, GitLab
– ROBOT framework and PlayWright
– Linux, Debian, Redis
– Docker and Docker Compose
– CLI tools
– CloudFlare DNS and workers, BackBlaze (S3), Digital Ocean Droplets.
We are building a highly decentralized system that has a couple of components. Depending on your interests and skills, you can work with the primary focus on the frontend, backend or infrastructure aspect. We are not only building a CMS but also a generic frontend that is highly configurable by the ministries using it. Some ministries will need a full customized frontend. We are building the system in an agile way and adapt our focus and direction depending on the use cases of the local ministries.
– Intimate relationship with Jesus
– Understanding of and compliance with OM core values and statement of faith. (https://www.om.org/mediaworks/en/content/about-om)
– Desire to help spread the gospel using media
– Few years of work experience in the industry
– Familiarity with some of the above-mentioned technologies
– Interest in Open Source and decentralisation
– Team player
– Willing to learn, adapt and work in an international remote team
– Good communication skills, able to communicate in English
It is possible to work in Stockerau (Austria) or remotely from anywhere in the world with good Internet connection.
Find out more about our ministry at https://om.org/mediaworks
Interested? Get in touch with us.
Please, note, this is a non-paid position. All our workers need to raise financial support. It is also possible to work with us as volunteer.