JOB TITLE: Stewardship Manager
TEAM: Global Generosity REPORTS TO: Global Generosity Communications Director JOB STATUS: Full-Time
PRIMARY CLIENTS: Fundraisers in Major Gifts, Planned Gifts, Mid-Level Donors, Church Connections & Freedom Challenge
DEPT COLLABORATORS: OM USA Finance & Marketing, OMI Area Leaders, Field Leaders
HIGH LEVEL OBJECTIVES:
1. Manages the team producing world-class written proposals and stewardship documents encouraging transformational philanthropic partnerships.
2. Ensures gifts are accurately and swiftly processed by connecting and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
3. Creates value to frontline fundraisers with field knowledge, connections and process troubleshooting, therefore contributing to millions of dollars raised for OM’s mission annually.
1. Manages requests from Global Generosity team members for day to day writing requests, places task in pipeline, collects required information from applicable field, assigns writer and determines deadline of task for submission.
2. Recruits, supervises and retains Stewardship Management Contract Writers.
3. Reviews and edits day to day proposals and reports (LOIs, proposals/grants, project overviews and stewardship reports) created by Stewardship Management team writers, ensuring the documentation is persuasive, accurate and flawless and submitted by the deadline.
4. Serves as a readily available resource to the GG team and OM USA team for questions about fields and projects in OM and provides subject matter expertise about Caleb and how to correctly code gifts.
5. Curates content (narrative or financial) from Caleb and verifies with field personnel.
6. Keeps calendar of deadlines for all letters of intent, proposals and stewardship reports for all donor relationships including matching gifts.
7. Assists Finance team with coding of donations for proper disbursement to the field and/or project and communicating with Field/Area/Project team regarding receipt of funding, and date(s) for required stewardship reports when needed.
8. Updates and maintains the Grants Portal records in Virtuous on a monthly basis for every proposal and report created.
9. Manages files electronically in shared platforms.
1. Team events that focus on prayer, fellowship, training and development
2. Task Forces or Working Groups that facilitate cross-department collaboration
3. Modeling the culture of OM USA
1. Mature presence to work with colleagues at every level of the organization and engage them in deadline-driven projects
2. 5 years OM Field experience preferred with knowledge of OM structures (Subject to hiring manager discretion for exceptions)
3. Atlanta location preferred or no more than three hours from Eastern time zone. (Subject to hiring manager discretion for exceptions)
4. Expert-level experience with internal Caleb system with networking contacts needed for troubleshooting
5. Natural working style of quick response to needs and consistent follow-up on next steps and deadlines
6. Detail-oriented and accurate with numbers and facts, but flexible when handling complexity and ambiguity
7. Patience and grace as well as a firm resolve in working with internal stakeholders
8. Advanced technology user (Caleb, CRM, Excel, Word, pdf, InDesign preferred)
9. Advanced skills in project planning, project management and time management
10. Excellent oral and written skills and ability to negotiate internally
11. Operates independently with high-level oversight
12. Adept at teaching and coaching adults
13. Absolute commitment to donor privacy and confidentiality
14. Professional experience working with others in a multi-national context preferred